The Autonomous Region of Sardinia has authorized Mater Olbia to execute the nose-pharyngeal swab for the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, based on the identification of viral RNA.To date – in Sardinia – Mater Olbia with its Microbiology laboratory is the only private hospital in northern Sardinia to have obtained the inscription in the list of health facilities authorized to perform the Covid 19 molecular diagnosis in favor of non-patients:
- Assisted citizens, free of symptoms, upon request of the prescribing physicians;
- Foreign citizens who must comply with any requests for certification of negativity for the return to their State of origin.
The PCR swab will be provided with a “walk-in” path (at Centro Prelievi) The fee for the nasopharyngeal swab, including nasopharyngeal sampling, is €65,00.
Access to the walk-in swab requires:
- previous booking by filling in the registration form active every day from Monday to Friday until 5 p.m.
- proceeding with the online payment
- attaching, for the assisted citizens, the medical prescription
At the time of the booking you can indicate the day on which you prefer to take the examination which will be confirmed by the system, based on availability for that specific date.
Access to the walk-in swabs:
- is permitted from 11.30 a.m. to 13.30 a.m.
- is allowed only with email confirmation of booking and payment.
- Minors over the age of 2 can also take the tests, but they must be accompanied by a referring adult
If the patient requests the cancellation of the reservation, does not show up on the set date he/she will lose any right to the service and reimbursement.
With regard to the medical report:
- it will be sent to the email indicated in the registration form within 48/72 hours from the execution of the swab. Usually are able to release the test within 24/48 hours.
- Mater Olbia will communicate positive results to the competent health services in order to activate public health procedures aimed at containing the viral infection.
- If you do not receive an email within 48 hours, you can write an email to email@example.com specifying your name, surname, date of birth and telephone number so that you can be contacted again.
Mater Olbia Hospital will communicate the results of the tests performed, both positive and negative, to the ASSL of Olbia for reporting in regional information flows.
For any need of clarification and / or reports of anomalies, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no telephone information will be provided).