The Autonomous Region of Sardinia has authorized Mater Olbia to execute the nose-pharyngeal swab for the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, based on the identification of viral RNA.To date – in Sardinia – Mater Olbia with its Microbiology laboratory is the only private hospital in northern Sardinia to have obtained the inscription in the list of health facilities authorized to perform the Covid 19 molecular diagnosis in favor of non-patients:
- Assisted citizens, free of symptoms, upon request of the prescribing physicians;
- Foreign citizens who must comply with any requests for certification of negativity for the return to their State of origin.
The PCR swab will be provided with a “drive-in” path. The fee for the nasopharyngeal swab, including nasopharyngeal sampling, is €65,00.
Access to the drive-in swab requires:
- previous booking by filling in the registration form active every day from Monday to Friday until 5 p.m.
- proceeding with the online payment
- attaching, for the assisted citizens, the medical prescription
At the time of the booking you can indicate the day on which you prefer to take the examination which will be confirmed by the system, based on availability for that specific date.
Access to the drive-in swabs:
- is permitted from 11.30 a.m. to 13.30 a.m. exclusively by car, pedestrians or motorcycles are not allowed.
- children under 12 years of age are not admitted( in case write an email email@example.com)
- must be on place at the latest by 12.30 a.m. on each opening day, in order to be able to perform the procedure to all waiting persons
- it is possible to make a maximum of two swabs per car, therefore, in case you have to make more, you will need to newly access the drive-in
- is allowed only with email confirmation of booking and payment.
If the patient requests the cancellation of the reservation, does not show up on the set date or arrives after 12.30 a.m., they will lose any right to the service and reimbursement.
With regard to the medical report:
- it will be sent to the email indicated in the registration form within 48/72 hours from the execution of the swab. Usually are able to release the test within 24/48 hours.
- Mater Olbia will communicate positive results to the competent health services in order to activate public health procedures aimed at containing the viral infection.
- If you do not receive an email within 48 hours, you can write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name, surname, date of birth and telephone number so that you can be contacted again.
Mater Olbia Hospital will communicate the results of the tests performed, both positive and negative, to the ASSL of Olbia for reporting in regional information flows.
For any need of clarification and / or reports of anomalies, write an email to email@example.com (no telephone information will be provided).