In compliance with the Decree no. 90 of 22/08/2020 of the Mayor of Olbia, it is now possible to execute the nose-pharyngeal swab at Mater Olbia Hospital for the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, based on the identification of viral RNA. The Decree provides that the laboratory of the Mater Olbia Hospital performs the nose-pharyngeal swabs, at the total expense of the citizens, in the following cases:
- Assisted citizens, free of symptoms, upon request of the prescribing physicians;
- Foreign citizens who must comply with any requests for certification of negativity for the return to their State of origin.
The swab will be provided with a “drive-in swab” path. The fee for the nasopharyngeal swab, including nasopharyngeal sampling, is €65,00.
Access to the drive-in swab requires:
- previous booking by filling in the registration form active every day from Monday to Friday until 6 p.m.
- proceeding with the online payment
- attaching, for the assisted citizens, the medical prescription
At the time of the booking you can indicate the day on which you prefer to take the examination which will be confirmed by the system, based on availability for that specific date.
Access to the drive-in swabs:
- is permitted from Monday to Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. exclusively by car, pedestrians or motorcycles are not allowed.
- children under 12 years of age are not admitted
- must take place at the latest by 12 noon on each opening day, in order to be able to perform the procedure to all waiting persons
- it is possible to make a maximum of two swabs per car, therefore, in case you have to make more, you will need to newly access the drive-in
- is allowed only with email confirmation of booking and payment.
If the patient requests the cancellation of the reservation, does not show up on the set date or arrives after 12 noon, they will lose any right to the service and reimbursement.
With regard to the medical report:
- it will be sent to the email indicated in the registration form within 48/72 hours from the execution of the swab.
- Mater Olbia will communicate positive results to the prescribing physician and the competent health services in order to activate public health procedures aimed at containing the viral infection.
- the patient with positive results will be contacted directly by the medical staff of the hospital
- If you do not receive an email within 72 hours, you can write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name, surname, date of birth and telephone number so that you can be contacted again.
Mater Olbia Hospital will communicate the results of the tests performed, both positive and negative, to the ASSL of Olbia for reporting in regional information flows.
For any need of clarification and / or reports of anomalies, write an email to email@example.com (no telephone information will be provided).