Head ofVincenzo Tondolo
The goal of the General Surgery Operational Unit is to treat abdominal surgery diseases.
ServicesThe surgery team is made up of high profile professionals with many years of experience in the field of Oncological Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Emergency Surgery and Transplants. The operating rooms are equipped with the most modern devices needed for traditional and laparoscopic surgery with 4K and 3D technology and instruments for indocyanine green. In addition, general surgery provides outpatient services aimed at guaranteeing patients specialized medical visits during which the therapeutic possibilities are described and the informed consents regarding the surgery procedures are submitted. The hospitalization date is set after the surgery evaluation is done by one of the department’s doctors.
Treated Diseases and Services
- Oncological Surgery:
- Colon and Rectal laparoscopy (CME; PME, TME)
- Stomach (Subtotal Gastrectomy; Total Gastrectomy)
- Liver (Laparoscopic wedge resection; segmental resection; major hepatectomies)
- Bile ducts
- Pancreas (Duodeno-cefalo-pancreatectomy, Distal Splenopancreasectomy)
- Surgery of chronic inflammatory bowel diseases
- Surgery for gallbladder stones
- Abdominal wall surgery: hernias and incisional hernia of the abdominal wall (outpatient surgery)
- Surgery for chronic inflammatory diseases
- Services for first visits, check-ups and follow-ups, medication and pre-hospitalization
- General Surgery Visits: stomach cancer, liver cancer, gallbladder stones, abdominal wall diseases, inguinal hernia surgery (stomach resection, splenectomy, liver resection, cholecystectomy, abdominal wall plastic surgery). Surgery is done, where indicated, with a minimally invasive laparoscopic technique.
- Colorectal Surgery Visits: colorectal cancer, diverticular disease, chronic inflammatory bowel disease. The tumors are evaluated in order to be included in the colorectal cancer treatment Procedure. (https://materolbia.com/news/percorso-per-la-cura-del-tumore-del-colon-retto/). For laparoscopic surgeries: ileocecal resection, right hemicolectomy, left hemicolectomy, rectal resection, abdominoperineal resection.
- General Surgery check-ups and follow-ups for patients who have already undergone surgery and must do periodic oncological check-ups