Head ofGiovanni Sabatino
The Neurosurgery department is located on the 4th floor and has 14 hospital beds. The team is made up of specialized doctors with highly technical and scientific training profiles. The inclusion of anesthetists, neurologists, radiologists, physiatrists enables the implementation of multidisciplinary treatments for various diseases.
Department’s ServicesThe Neurosurgery Operational Unit deals with the surgical treatment of diseases regarding the central and peripheral nervous system with the assistance of high value technological instruments (surgical microscope, NeuroNavigator, intraoperative CAT scan, medical aspirator/suction machine and ultrasounds). It also carries out outpatient visits through the National Healthcare System.
Diseases Treated and Services
- Surgeries for brain and bone marrow tumors (gliomas, meningiomas, metastasis, neurinomas). Degenerative diseases of the spinal column are also treated (herniated disks, stenosis, spondylolisthesis)
- Diagnostic classification of the hydrocephalus with tests and subsequent treatment through shunt placement
- Surgical treatments for movement disorders (Parkinson’s Disease, essential tremor)
- Surgical treatments for drug-resistant epilepsy
- Surgical treatments for trigeminal neuralgia
- Treatments to compress peripheral nerves through surgery done with local anesthesia